Moon landing

<< < (2/5) > >>

Faerie (July 20, 2009, 09:03:58 AM):

I just wish we already had like a lunar colony going, that would have been so sci-fi and uber kewl.

Watch China.... they're stirring up all sorts of competitive notions again.
cyghost (July 20, 2009, 09:22:01 AM):
Good for them!
Tweefo (July 20, 2009, 16:26:46 PM):
Yes, we landed on the moon. At the time this was a huge achievement. But now it is "been there, done that and got the T shirt to prove it". Why there is a race now I don't know. There is nothing there. One thing that might work is to build a big telescope on the far side, but to go there just for the sake of going is pointless. Let the Chinese go.
Faerie (July 21, 2009, 08:32:50 AM):
Why there is a race now I don't know. There is nothing there. One thing that might work is to build a big telescope on the far side, but to go there just for the sake of going is pointless. Let the Chinese go.

A moon base, they want to build, now what do you think would happen if the Chinese built themselves a cosy little shack on the moon? Do you not think it would become a war for ownership? That flag that the US planted is meaningless if there is a threat of another nation actually colonising the moon. Us humans are a jealous and warring race.
Wandapec (July 21, 2009, 09:40:33 AM):
Why there is a race now I don't know. There is nothing there.

That's how the bantustan of Bophuthatswana was before Sol got in there. Maybe it's a massive property development conspiracy? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page