South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

December 07, 2019, 16:14:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Uhuru

(Read 150347 times)
B.T.

Skeptical ability: +0/-2

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2008, 16:17:27 PM »

I tried to think of a comeback, but after all the dragging and that mountain, not to speak of my poor feet......

sorry nothing there!!!
The Dude

Skeptical ability: +0/-1

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2008, 16:07:46 PM »

Hey Dudes,,,

I have been following this forum since last year and this is the first forum I have actually decided to join,,, "as my spelling bietjie k@k is, sorry"...

I also received the e-mail a year ago and this forum made me believe that it was a load of ... until recently.

Now I've watched all the DVD's and decided to puff and pass... I would like to discuss this even more and will but it's almot time for me to go home and have a beer...

Cheers,

The Dude
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 16:23:44 PM by The Dude » Logged
bluegray
Administrator

Skeptical ability: +9/-3

saskeptics
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2008, 16:26:44 PM »

Found this over at Yahoo! Answers. A search for 'uhuru' over there is also quite interesting Wink

@The Dude
What dvd was that? What made you change your mind?
Centre

Skeptical ability: +0/-5

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 00:20:20 AM »

I think that something like uhuru can happen in SA. But i don't think that it will necceserily be a planned action nor a slaughter. Lets say the SA goverment starts with Zim style landgrabs. Will all of you sceptics just flee OR try to keep your hard owned property?(please answer) If most of the whites in SA resist such landgrabs they will have to take it by force. South Africa has quite a lot of whites(few million) and not all of them can flee SA at one time(Hundreds of reasons). Imagine how the department of home affairs offices will look.  Grin . I already know what you sceptics are gonna reply. Who says there are gonna be land grabs? Im just saying that you shouldnt only focus on the so called uhuru. 10 years ago Zim was the breadbasket of Africa. Mbeki's quiet diplomacy. Zuma's 'Umshini wami' . Farm murders. Charles Nqacula's remark that people that are not happy with the situation should leave the country.Emty Promises by politicians on giving land to black people. Land given to black people mismanaged. BEE only helping the lucy elite. Illegal immigrant flowing into our borders. Jacie Selebie. Food prices. Public transport costs. Unemployment. A hungry mob is an angry mob!   
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2008, 18:49:14 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the forum Centre.

The main question about “Uhuru” in the South African context is hardly whether it could happen or could not happen.  Nor is it whether or not we live in socially and politically volatile times.  After all, many things could happen, some of them disastrous (as suggested here, for example); moreover, I think only the incurably blind and/or mentally obtuse would insist that life in SA is utopian.

No, the proper question is far more what good reason we have that we should take this particular threat more seriously than any of the multitude of others that could befall us and that would prove similarly severe, at least at the level of the individual.  How are you going to prevent that bus losing control on the highway and flattening your car, possibly with your family in it?

Also, a search for “Uhuru” on both the Internet and in the Encyclopædia Britannica yields no mention of any mass slaughter of white people.  Very revealing.  Additionally, a little thought (not to mention a careful reading through this entire thread) will reveal that, as a power-grabbing and/or retribution move, the proposed action sucks big time.  As one observer put it, “Why wait for Mandela to die?”

And don’t please swallow that nonsense that some people push about “blacks having nothing to lose.”  Every day, the SA black middle class grows larger, and if you think that they’ll just give up the wealth and status they’ve accumulated then I’m sure that you’re underestimating their acuity.

'Luthon64
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 18:51:17 PM by Anacoluthon64 » Logged
The Dude

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

Personally I think "something" like this could happen, if the country was down for lets say 7 days an people are morning Mr. Mandela, yes a lot of other things could happen, but this sound rather realistic to me???

Here is a link to video clips of Mr Gustav Muller's DVD on youtube and to be honest what he says does make sense and we not just talking about "ühuru", there is so much going on in the wolrd, would it hurt to have some petrol and food reserves?

http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=gustav+muller+youtube&meta=

Roll Eyes
bluegray
Administrator

saskeptics
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2008, 13:27:44 PM »

...there is so much going on in the wolrd, would it hurt to have some petrol and food reserves?
No, it won't. And it could also come in handy for when the mushroom aliens arrive and start zapping BP's and SPAR's Roll Eyes
How can groundless speculation and conspiracies based on paranoia and uncritical thinking be good for the country?

I can't watch those youtube video atm, due to time and bandwidth issues, I'd appreciate it if you can post some of the more convincing arguments of Gustav Muller so we can discuss them.
The Dude

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2008, 13:43:32 PM »

Thanks for your smart reply...

This is not a conspiracy... I would like to actually give you the DVD and then hear what your thoughts are. I would rather stick to facts, so keep the aliens out of this.  Grin

Have you seen Jericho? What would our country be like if the infrastructure was no more, what would happen the majority of our country morn for 7 days and not go to work, yes we need them to run this place , don't we?

I don't know if you have seen the documentary by Al Gore and you probably think that that is also propaganda or conspiracy...

If you haven't watched the DVD, how could you know what you're talking about?

And what would they "Die Suidlanders" have to gain from this, they're not asking for money, they're not asking anyone to take up arms? All they're saying is to prepare for something if you see the signs...

if you are on the beach and you see a big wave coming in, are you going to sit there and say it's just another wave and  ignore it or joke about it, or rather move back so that you don't get hit by it?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 14:37:45 PM by The Dude » Logged
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2008, 16:34:38 PM »

Well, then I suggest you pack for a long, cold stay on Antarctica.  Why?  Because HIV can’t survive there.  HIV is a virus.  Viruses mutate.  Viruses proliferate.  That’s what they do best.  There’s a chance that HIV could produce an airborne strain by such mutation.  Then we’ll all get AIDS and die slow, horrible deaths from a plethora of secondary afflictions.

More importantly, however, our government does its fair share of denial about that one too, so it must be true, mustn’t it?

See, that’s the problem with this hooey.  It’s ill-founded scaremongering that can only serve to provoke unnecessary suspicion and obstruction.  Unless, that is, you would care to present Gustav Muller’s more persuasive arguments, as bluegray V has requested, so that we can discuss them.

As for the proponents having nothing to gain, there’s always the adulation, political kudos and the heading up of a faction under a common banner, constituted by those who are credulous enough to swallow this stuff without producing any convincing evidence.

'Luthon64
The Dude

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 07:32:05 AM »

Good Morining Vietnam!!!!! And thanks for getting back to Tongue me

One thing is for sure, you definitely are sceptic and and I won't be surprised if you are English, if you are Afrikaans then I would be surprised. Nothing wrong with being English, but you would know were we (Afrikaners) come from if you where Afrikaans.

My goal is not fight about who is wrong or who is right or any thing like that at all, I would just like to know if this is possible and how big is the risk. My opinion or the awnser to my question *

On the DVD Gustav draws a picture of SA's current state and statistics from reliable sources, I'm not going to look up all the sources for you, and the puzzle he putts together is reasonable...

But You have not convinced me otherwise either and to be honest with you, I wish you could. The evidence I have is on the DVD and sources are mentioned there, there are so many websites and links to news websites and know you will be sceptic about that too and suppose that is your job... ( I have been spending more then two weeks on doing research for my self, cause that is the only person I need to convince)

I wouldn't want waste my or your time trying to convince you, but what I can do arrange a copy of the DVD for you (and who ever wants to see it) and you can make your own conclusions.

As you might have noticed, * I have been convinced and not that I am easily confined and don't expect any one else to be.

So, tomorrow I will talk to you about my first "Suidlanders" meeting and if it's load of bull I'll let you know, how's that?

As far as the new Aids strain is concerned, I just hope I can stay away from the ones that might have it or do not get affected... Off the topic...I don't know if you noticed, but the world is over populated, that is why are running out of resources and destroying our self's "global warming, Aids" the list goes on and I know it sucks or it's harsh but some thing needs to happen or will happen to restore the balance, what it is, none of us can say.... Wink

Chat Soon,

The Dude
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:35:45 AM by The Dude » Logged
bluegray
Administrator

saskeptics
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »

One thing is for sure, you definitely are sceptic and and I won't be surprised if you are English, if you are Afrikaans then I would be surprised. Nothing wrong with being English, but you would know were we (Afrikaners) come from if you where Afrikaans.
I suppose the english comment is directed at Luthon. In that case you are correct, but I don't think it has anything to do with it. And you are wrong if you think that Afrikaners will be more accepting just because we have a better idea of where we come from, certainly not in my case.
My goal is not fight about who is wrong or who is right or any thing like that at all, I would just like to know if this is possible and how big is the risk. My opinion or the awnser to my question
I feel the same way.
On the DVD Gustav draws a picture of SA's current state and statistics from reliable sources, I'm not going to look up all the sources for you, and the puzzle he putts together is reasonable...

But You have not convinced me otherwise either and to be honest with you, I wish you could. The evidence I have is on the DVD and sources are mentioned there, there are so many websites and links to news websites and know you will be sceptic about that too and suppose that is your job... ( I have been spending more then two weeks on doing research for my self, cause that is the only person I need to convince)

I wouldn't want waste my or your time trying to convince you, but what I can do arrange a copy of the DVD for you (and who ever wants to see it) and you can make your own conclusions.
It's not about convincing anyone. People claim a conspiracy and we merely ask them to show the evidence for that claim. I won't go out of my way trying to convince anyone that my views are correct, however, there has been ample opportunity for anyone to post convincing evidence, and still no one has. Which probably means that there isn't any. So anyone reading this can see that there is not much merit to this claim.
As I said, I haven't seen the DVD, and I'll watch it if you send it to me, I'll PM you. But why not post the more convincing arguments here? Then everyone can discuss it on it's merits.

So, tomorrow I will talk to you about my first "Suidlanders" meeting and if it's load of bull I'll let you know, how's that?
Sure, looking forward to it.
bluegray
Administrator

saskeptics
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »

I moved a lot of posts to a new board here: http://forum.skeptic.za.org/flame-wars/dudesuidlanderkvz-split-from-uhuru/
Please continue posting there unless you have something to contribute to the topic. Start a new thread if you don't.
johnno777

Skeptical ability: +0/-6

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2008, 00:58:21 AM »

Its too late and I'm too tired to say my say in detail today, but I would like you guys & gals to consider that the writer of the blogs of at least  "meisiekind 2" and "ednaloy" are written by a guy. The style, content and rhetoric of their blogs are virtually identical to that of the narrater in Die Suidlanders' scare dvd.

Also another point to ponder, is the fact that "not yet uhuru" is an international rally cry for international communists. For communists, the revolution is never over and freedom has never been attained.
Some detailed crits later. Smiley
johnno777

Skeptical ability: +0/-6

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2008, 15:46:18 PM »

The narrator being Gustav Muller.
melkies

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2008, 13:11:05 PM »

This will be my first and only post.

In light of current events, it is clear that you all are very naive. I suggest you go back and read meisiekins2's original post very carefully. What was said there is already happening. If you want proof then sorry, I can't give any. The only proof there is, is to see it for yourself. Trust me, it is real. Wake up people and prepare yourself not for what could happen, but what is already in motion.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: