Why do people believe 911 was a conspiracy?

<< < (2/9) > >>

qrios (October 17, 2006, 17:01:54 PM):
I made the wrong assumption that you knew , has seen or has read about Icke, that's why I used him. My mistake.
He was debunked, but more for his radical approach, even though some of his conspiracies could not be debunked...
When some people, who are not directly involved in some event, also believe that there is a conspiracy about that event, this is really just a further bit of confirmation bias on the part of people who are prone to believing in conspiracies: "Look, there's another conspiracy! The fact that it exists is more proof that all the other conspiracies I know about are, in fact, real." In other words, it's useful for "proving" one's objectivity.

However, it is hard to see how someone who doesn't really care about whom to blame for something can believe that there is a conspiracy about that thing. This curiosity needs some explanation. (ETA: I see you have already spoken about this, bluegray V.)

I was saying that if someone does NOT care about who is to blame, it can not be said that he is conspiring - just because he makes a reference to the "so called" conspiracy.
Knowledge of does not equate acknowledgement or approval.

Still don't know If I can drink Tab..

Luthon....Do you know anything about the aspartame saga??
Mefiante (October 17, 2006, 17:43:00 PM):
I made the wrong assumption that you knew , has seen or has read about Icke, that's why I used him. My mistake.
He was debunked, but more for his radical approach, even though some of his conspiracies could not be debunked...
Well, I have encountered David Icke's name several times in the past, but haven't kept up to date with his comings and goings. There are higher profile crackpots out there. And, just as a point of order, it would be a mistake to assume that because a few conspiracy theories of Icke's (or anyone else's) could not easily be shown to be duff, that those are the ones that are true.

Still don't know If I can drink Tab..

Luthon....Do you know anything about the aspartame saga??

I'm afraid I don't. The sum total of my knowledge in this context is what I have heard some time ago about the furore through the proverbial grapevine - and that is very little, apart from such titbits being generally unreliable. You see, it's a topic that isn't of any great consequence to me or mine as we hardly ever consume such beverages. Here are some search results from Quackwatch - you may find some useful info there.

'Luthon64
qrios (October 17, 2006, 18:01:58 PM):
I have got a few videos on David Icke, and in the beginning he sounded quite enigmatic and convincing, but when he started to attack/belittle people instead of issues, I lost Interest. He did a series of 3 videos on Credu Mutwa, the Zulu Historian, which I found quite interesting....

WYou see, it's a topic that isn't of any great consequence to me or mine as we hardly ever consume such beverages. Here are some search results from Quackwatch - you may find some useful info there.

'Luthon64

Thanks for the link... will check it out.....

BTW.
we hardly ever consume such beverages

Do you always talk like that, or do you occasionally have a drink? ;D
Mefiante (October 17, 2006, 18:26:42 PM):
BTW. Do you always talk like that, or do you occasionally have a drink? ;D
Glo dit of dan nie - soms raak ek selfs getrek!

'Luthon64
qrios (October 18, 2006, 08:56:45 AM):
;D

You surprise me!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page