A good quote.....

<< < (21/22) > >>

Rigil Kent (May 15, 2017, 13:57:19 PM):
In America, only the successful writers are important, in France, all writers are important, in England, no writers are important, and in Australia, you have to explain what a writer is. - Geoffrey Cottrell
brianvds (May 15, 2017, 15:08:25 PM):
In America, only the successful writers are important, in France, all writers are important, in England, no writers are important, and in Australia, you have to explain what a writer is. - Geoffrey Cottrell

I like America. It's the only nation that managed to go from barbarism to decadence without having civilization in between.

-- Oscar Wilde.

Or so I'm told - I can't be bothered to go look it up now.
st0nes (December 05, 2017, 13:34:57 PM):
Quote from: My sister
Sounds great. With your enochlophobia, Venice and Florence will not suit you either - one of the reasons I don't travel any more (the others being, and this list is not limitative, chronic irreversible degenerative queueophobia, suitcaseophobia, waitingaroundophobia, eurosdownthedrainformealsIcanmakebettermyse lfathomeophobia).
BoogieMonster (December 05, 2017, 14:24:49 PM):
Quote from: My sister
Sounds great. With your enochlophobia, Venice and Florence will not suit you either - one of the reasons I don't travel any more (the others being, and this list is not limitative, chronic irreversible degenerative queueophobia, suitcaseophobia, waitingaroundophobia, eurosdownthedrainformealsIcanmakebettermyse lfathomeophobia).

For some reason my ears perked up at homeophobia.
BoogieMonster (February 12, 2018, 09:49:27 AM):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page