South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

May 23, 2018, 22:31:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the forum rules before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

A good quote.....

(Read 41352 times)
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »

“Y’know what I was thinking about today? I was thinking ’bout those street gangs they had down in Los Angeles, those Crips and those Bloods? I was thinking about that buncha new laws they came up with, in the 1980s I think it was, to combat those street gangs, those Crips and those Bloods. And, if I remember rightly, the gist of what those new laws were saying was if you join one of these gangs, and you’re running with ’em, and down the block one night, unbeknownst to you, one of your fellow Crips, or your fellow Bloods, shoot up a place, or stab a guy, well then, even though you didn’t know nothing about it, and even though you may’ve just been standing on a street corner minding your own business, what these new laws said was you’re still culpable. You’re still culpable, by the very act of joining those Crips, or those Bloods, in the first place. Which got me thinking, Father, that whole type of situation is kinda like your Church boys, ain’t it? You’ve got your colours, you’ve got your clubhouse, you’re, for want of a better word, a gang. And if you’re upstairs smoking a pipe and reading a bible while one of your fellow gang members is downstairs fucking an altar boy then, Father, just like those Crips, and just like those Bloods, you’re culpable. ’Cos you joined the gang, man. And I don’t care if you never did shit or you never saw shit or you never heard shit. You joined the gang. You’re culpable. And when a person is culpable to altar-boy-fucking, or any kinda boy-fucking, I know you guys didn't really narrow that down, then they kinda forfeit the right to come into my house and say anything about me, or my life, or my daughter, or my billboards. So, why don’t you just finish your tea there, Father, and get the freck outta my kitchen.”

'Luthon64
cyghost
Skeptically yours

Skeptical ability: +12/-1

Carpe diem

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2018, 07:07:04 AM »

Well said, Mildred!   Cheesy
st0nes

Skeptical ability: +10/-1

mark.widdicombe1
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »

Good movie; I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it yet, it's out on DVD. 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri....
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2018, 17:50:37 PM »

I do whatever The Bible tells me to
Except for the parts that I choose to ignore
Because they're unrealistic and inconvenient
But the rest I live by for sure
So let's not talk about how the Good Book bans shellfish, polyester and divorce
And how it condones slavery and killing gays because those parts don't count, of course
Let's cherry-pick the part about losing my cherry and mine it for ambiguities and omissions
To circumvent any real sacrifice, but still feel pious in my arbitrary parroted positions
And don't you dare question my convictions
And don't look closely at the contradictions
Just focus on the sacrificial crucifixion
And have faith in its complete jurisdiction
As the only way to measure if you're good or not
And in a debate, just say to “have faith”
Because when you're up against logic, it's the only card you've got.

Garfunkel & Oates - The Loophole.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: