South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

August 05, 2020, 04:34:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the forum rules before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Best of Shoutbox

(Read 24382 times)
Description: Too good to be lost forever ...
Tweefo

Skeptical ability: +10/-0

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2020, 09:09:00 AM »

(10:15:56) BoogieMonster: Health minister Dr Zwelini Mkhize says that he understands the apprehension around the new National Health Insurance (NHI), but has reassured stakeholder​s that the system will be run with the same efficiency and integrity as other public entities..
(10:17:20) BoogieMonster: Now that is a load off of my mind!
(04:20:50) brianvds: I wonder what medical load shedding will look like....
(10:51:13) Mefiante: “Please check the Health Shedding timetable for your area online. The Emergency and Treatment Services grid is severely constrained​, and will only be available at the scheduled times. We apologise for any deaths caused.”
(14:36:30) Mefiante: “Download our free Deathkom Se Push app for Apple or Android.”
(22:03:37) BoogieMonster: Unfortunately matric results will be released tomorrow, so MRI's will not be operational​.

Just had to share this to my local paper.
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +14/-0

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »

And more proof that the honourable minister is right, and the system will indeed be run with the same efficiency as other departments:

Rigil Kent
Clotting Factor

Skeptical ability: +20/-3

Three men make a tiger.

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

Carbon monoxide should do the trick. It's odourless and therefore harmless. Just hope it knocks out those millipede reptiles. But kindly keep a specimen or two for the naturalists - I'm sure they could squeeze a few papers out of that.
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +64/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »

But kindly keep a specimen or two for the naturalists - I'm sure they could squeeze a few papers out of that.
Good thinking!  There’s an excellent chance well-seasoned scientists will discover new biological spices such as flying bed bucks, warps, and co crèches.

'Luthon64
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »

(08:08:31) brianvds: https://www​.businessins​ider.co.za/b​room-challen​ge-nasa-says​-viral-trend​-is-based-on​-hoax-2020-2
(08:09:28) brianvds: And of course, which direction the water in your flushing toilet rotates, depends on which hemisphere you are in... :-)
(10:31:45) Rigil_Kent: It does to some degree, but it is mostly due to the spiceness of the local cuisine and how lipophilic capsaicin overreacts when suddenly released into a dilute aqueous medium. I believe it's to do with the curry holess force.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: