South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

July 19, 2019, 18:33:01 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the posting guidelines before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Free psychic readings!!

(Read 55189 times)
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 08:37:54 AM »

Faerie, I think you’ve been holding out on us.  I think you’re actually a spy from the dark side, not a sceptic, and your mission is to win all of us over to the woo-woo team’s side! Wink

'Luthon64
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »

Faerie, I think you’ve been holding out on us.  I think you’re actually a spy from the dark side, not a sceptic, and your mission is to win all of us over to the woo-woo team’s side! Wink

'Luthon64

Its my Mother's fault, I was inundated by this shit since I was two, I had my first personal reading at age 4, and one a year after that, it increased to two a year at age 13 and in between I saw some other quack who "balanced" my energies on some or other gadget - that one stopped when at age 16 I stuck bubblegum into the electronics and he refused to see me after that (I was a wee bit rebellious at that point and the crap was getting a bit much to deal with).

I have lots of stories about the woo-side if anybody has the time or inclination to listen....  Evil
GCG

Skeptical ability: +8/-4

skeptical mantis is skeptical

adele horn
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »

dont you just love the generic-ness of these things?
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »

… I was inundated by this shit since I was two…
Then it’s quite remarkable that you’ve seen through this nonsense and rid yourself of it.  Hats off to you, girl!

'Luthon64
Tarynv123

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 18:49:47 PM »

Thank you but I have a question. What will my career be? And that reading was true I am starting new beginnings because I just had a fire, my cat I've had all my life just recently passed and I'm starting high school thank you so much for confirming my thoughts
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 19:10:03 PM »

Hmm, Tarynv123, I do hope you’re aware that Faerie’s “reading” was tongue-in-cheek and that you’re just playing along with the game.  If not, I suggest you read up on the so-called Barnum/Forer Effect.

'Luthon64
Tarynv123

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 20:53:42 PM »

I hadn't read any of the other questions people had asked and her answers I just saw free psychic readings so i thought it was really a psychic o well  Undecided
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 21:37:41 PM »

In that case, you might still be interested in reading about the Barnum/Forer Effect.  ( It may not be obvious but that light-blue text is a link that you can click on.  It will take you to a webpage describing the Barnum/Forer Effect.)

'Luthon64
Tarynv123

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 02:03:30 AM »

K I will check it out thx
rwenzori
Sniper

Skeptical ability: +7/-1

Merda accidit.

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »

Thank you but I have a question. What will my career be? And that reading was true I am starting new beginnings because I just had a fire, my cat I've had all my life just recently passed and I'm starting high school thank you so much for confirming my thoughts

I predict:

1. You will soon have a new kitty, 'coz life is not complete without a kitty or two. A white one maybe, all fluffy and white like when you wash your clothes in New! Surf wif Superblue.

2. You will join the army as your career, and learn to kill strangers for fun.
murraybiscuit

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 13:00:05 PM »

In that case, you might still be interested in reading about the Barnum/Forer Effect.  ( It may not be obvious but that light-blue text is a link that you can click on.  It will take you to a webpage describing the Barnum/Forer Effect.)

'Luthon64

and watch derren brown's astrology episode
Derren Brown Astrology
Tarynv123

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 03:09:32 AM »

If you really are a real pyschic tell me something about me like what I look like or how many siblings I have
rwenzori
Sniper

Merda accidit.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 05:40:02 AM »

If you really are a real pyschic tell me something about me like what I look like or how many siblings I have

I'm more of a teleopsychic, so I can sense more about your personality than your physical surrounds. But I'll try.

You have dark hair and wear glasses. You are not from South Africa - over the sea far to the north-west somewhere. You have been through some kind of serious sickness. You have brothers, but you live in a house with many people and it's hard to tell which are your siblings and which are other relatives. You like to sing. You have won an award at your school. You are a Scorpio.

Personality-wise, you have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. Security is one of your major goals in life.

Edit. PS. You are young and should not be wandering about internet sites you do not understand. It's an evil world out there - be careful.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:59:23 AM by rwenzori » Logged
Tarynv123

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 06:18:52 AM »

OH MY GOD I AM REALLY ABOUT TO CRY RIGHT NOW THAT IS RIGHT I HAVE DARK HAIR I WEAR GLASSES I HAD CANCER WHEN I WAS YOUNG I AM NOT LIVING IN MY HOUSE BECAUSE I HAD A FIRE SO I AM LIVING WITH MY AUNT! AND I HAVE 3 BROTHERS YOU ARE AMAZING!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! THAT DOES DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY RIGHT ON TOO!! I REALLY AM GRATEFUL I HAD ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT I WOULD BE WHEN I GOT OLDER AND I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD BE SOMETHING LIKE IN THE ARMY BECAUSE I LOST MY LEFT EYE TO CANCER!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU SEE THAT IS MAJOR LIKE A SICKNESS OR SOMETHING COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IM SORRY I DONT WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME BUT I AM VERY CURIOUS Cheesy and what do you mean unused capasity?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:36:03 AM by Tarynv123 » Logged
rwenzori
Sniper

Merda accidit.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »

OH MY GOD I AM REALLY ABOUT TO CRY RIGHT NOW THAT IS RIGHT I HAVE DARK HAIR I WEAR GLASSES I HAD CANCER WHEN I WAS YOUNG I AM NOT LIVING IN MY HOUSE BECAUSE I HAD A FIRE SO I AM LIVING WITH MY AUNT! AND I HAVE 3 BROTHERS YOU ARE AMAZING!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! THAT DOES DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY RIGHT ON TOO!! I REALLY AM GRATEFUL I HAD ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT I WOULD BE WHEN I GOT OLDER AND I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD BE SOMETHING LIKE IN THE ARMY BECAUSE I LOST MY LEFT EYE TO CANCER!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU SEE THAT IS MAJOR LIKE A SICKNESS OR SOMETHING COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IM SORRY I DONT WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME BUT I AM VERY CURIOUS Cheesy and what do you mean unused capasity?

Oh dear. Taryn, please, sit down and listen. You are young - 14 or 15 ( my sums ain't that good ) and YOU SHOULD NOT BE WANDERING AROUND SITES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. Now listen.

I am NOT a psychic. There ARE NO psychics. The personal information in the first part of my post is available to anyone ( including paedophiles and stalkers and god-knows-what ) merely by Googling your nick. How did I know I had the correct Tarynv123 - by what you said about the fire. Your nick leads to your cancer testimony, your name, your ex-school: from there to where you live is just a small jump.

The personality bit was merely a copy from the Wikipedia page Mefiante referred you to above, and your reaction verifies the Barnum/Forer Effect. It is nonsense - just a pile of hooey.

I am sorry to have done this to someone so young, but you might learn from it, and be less trusting of strangers.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE RUBBISH TOLD TO YOU BY STRANGERS ON THE NET. Please. For your own safety. There are BAD people out there ( rwenzori included ).

PS. Get another kitty. Kitties are good.

PPS. Don't join the army - it's just an invitation for crazy foreigners to shoot at you with high-powered rifles. Which is really not fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: