South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

February 18, 2018, 01:44:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

I lol'd

(Read 203319 times)
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +12/-0

« Reply #975 on: February 01, 2018, 04:22:19 AM »

I can't get over how awesome this TV moment was. I've giggled about it just about every day since.

GOTCHA!

The full interview is also well worth a watch. Not often are there total TV smackdowns quite as emphatic as this.

Always funny when journalists fancy themselves intellectuals, go sparring way above their weight class, and then get the shit kicked out of them. It's like watching a pit yorkie have a go at a Rottweiler. You almost feel sorry for it. Almost.
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #976 on: February 01, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »

It's a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don't isn't it? I wonder why the journalist does not point out the real problem is the power government exercises over these private corporations. They have to suck up or risk regulatory punishment exactly because they are beholden.
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #977 on: February 01, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »

It’s inevitable that this MultiChoice/DStv/ANN7 affair will be highly contentious.  On the one hand, there’s the ghoulish spectre of censorship and inhibition of free expression, while on the other there’s the blatant tendentiousness, spin-doctoring, and partisanship of ANN7’s content, which is aggravated by the fact that it was all set up by some dodgy people as a propaganda/praise-singing machine to facilitate the enrichment of those same dodgy people and their friends.  By rights, free market forces should have sunk this contrived farce already—and probably would have but for certain factions’ underhanded meddling.

It’s also true that many businesses tend to suck up to government (here’s one deplorably shameful instance) for fear of giving offence, which may have a negative effect on the business’ image, prospects, and/or bottom line.  A spine can get in the way of making money.  But no matter how it’s dressed up, IMO that’s an argument for less government interference, not an adequate defence for performing colon acrobatics.  Also, if businesses on the whole were more inclined to ignore or even resist the government’s petty whimsies, I reckon that government would soon learn that its manipulations are counterproductive.  After all, successful businesses add more to the state’s coffers than hobbled ones do—which is not to suggest that government should have no role at all in the shaping of business practices.

'Luthon64
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #978 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:14 AM »

'Luthon64
brianvds

« Reply #979 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:45 AM »

Sies, jy's lelik met Oom Angus. Hy gaan nog die droogte in die Kaap reg bid. Wag net en sien!
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #980 on: February 07, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »

Maar natúúrlik gaan hy só maak!  (Op voorwaarde dat Kaapse kool- en waterkoppe bereid is om lank genoeg te wag vir die regte uitslag…)

'Luthon64
brianvds

« Reply #981 on: February 07, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »

Maar natúúrlik gaan hy só maak!  (Op voorwaarde dat Kaapse kool- en waterkoppe bereid is om lank genoeg te wag vir die regte uitslag…)

'Luthon64

Is Kaapstad nie juis SA se gay hoofstad nie? Dit sou verklaar waarom God so vies is.
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #982 on: February 07, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »

Excuses Excuses Excuses. "It will rain I prayed for it.... oh, not happening. I BLAME YOU LOT!"

Fuck this asshole.
brianvds

« Reply #983 on: February 07, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »

Excuses Excuses Excuses. "It will rain I prayed for it.... oh, not happening. I BLAME YOU LOT!"

Fuck this asshole.

He probably just quoted from Excuses 10:31... :-)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: