234 km/h

<< < (5/6) > >>

Tweefo (December 09, 2010, 12:45:28 PM):
I bet that leaves quite an impression.
Terminal velocity for a human is around 200 - 300 km/h depending on the body position. You go in at that speed with no crumple zones... The 1st one I saw was suppose to do a 5 second delay and then open his parachute. He never did. The second one had something like a hundred jumps, so relatively experienced, pulled his pilot chute just before "bouncing" but that did not even slowed him down. Now they jump with a thing that pull your reserve parachute if you go to fast past a certain height. These things were available in my days but very expensive, so I never had one. I've done about 500 jumps (got lazy in logging towards the end) about 20 military jumps (I was a parrabat for my 2 year diensplig and if you meet me you will not believe it) and one base jump. I was number 13 to jump off Blauwkrans bridge.
Rigil Kent (December 09, 2010, 20:51:54 PM):
Terminal velocity for a human is around 200 - 300 km/h
Lilli already established that terminal velocity is a mere 0km/h. ;)

I've done about 500 jumps

I think its a good time to quit now: you know, bell curves and all that.

But more importantly ... who would have thought ... Tweefo an epinephrine aficionado ;D.

Mintaka
Tweefo (December 10, 2010, 10:13:40 AM):
Terminal velocity for a human is around 200 - 300 km/h
Lilli already established that terminal velocity is a mere 0km/h. ;)

I've done about 500 jumps

I think its a good time to quit now: you know, bell curves and all that.

But more importantly ... who would have thought ... Tweefo an epinephrine aficionado ;D.

Mintaka

I've had my moments, nothing like a bit of air up the nose. ;D
Lilli (December 13, 2010, 13:15:38 PM):
Returning to topic somewhat... I would not ever drive on the German autobahn if I could at all help it, because I don't like going so fast - it makes me nervous. Other people's cars might be able to reach such speeds, and it might be safe, but I drive a piece of affordable crap with an 1100 engine. Additionally, other people might be able to drive so well that reaching 234km/h is not dangerous for them, but I can not, I feel uncomfortable going much faster than 100. (must be because I'm a female driver...) Point is, there has to be rules of the road, and there are several reasons why we have the rules we have, and this guy broke the rules in a big way. He should pay the consequences in my opinion.
SKEPRat (December 13, 2010, 17:57:27 PM):
Lilli, Theres no problem driving slower on an autobahn. Just maintain the minimum speed in the slow lane and you're OK. The rules are exactly the same as for highways in SA except that SA drivers either don't know or refuse to obey the rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page