234 km/h

<< < (6/6)

Lilli (December 14, 2010, 08:09:14 AM):
Lilli, Theres no problem driving slower on an autobahn. Just maintain the minimum speed in the slow lane and you're OK. The rules are exactly the same as for highways in SA except that SA drivers either don't know or refuse to obey the rules.
OK fair enough - I don't know the rules of the autobahn. I just freak out completely when I go into a faster lane on the highway (I avoid the fast lane at all costs) to overtake a car/driver even slower than me, and then suddenly there's a guy weaving across all available lanes, flashing his lights, overtaking people on the left etc etc because its MUCH more important for that guy to get to where he is going. I think that this particular guy was not driving 234 km/h because he and his car are capable of doing such speeds and he wasn't being any kind of threat/risk on the road. I think he was a self-important asshole who would've given me a heart attack if I'd been on that road at that time, and I would've used very creative words to express my emotions if that were the case. :-[
Tweefo (December 14, 2010, 09:43:13 AM):
I think that this particular guy was not driving 234 km/h because he and his car are capable of doing such speeds and he wasn't being any kind of threat/risk on the road. I think he was a self-important asshole who would've given me a heart attack if I'd been on that road at that time, and I would've used very creative words to express my emotions if that were the case.

Thank you Lilli
Mefiante (December 14, 2010, 21:42:19 PM):
… then suddenly there's a guy weaving across all available lanes, flashing his lights, overtaking people on the left etc etc because its MUCH more important for that guy to get to where he is going.
That type of driver behaviour would in any case not be tolerated by the German highway patrol (or that of any other European country), irrespective of either the speed limit (if there is one) or the type of road. It’s all about effective policing and enforcing appropriate driver discipline.

'Luthon64

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page