For your safety, please fly your brooms below 150 meters

(1/2) > >>

Tweefo (May 22, 2013, 11:09:44 AM):
I keep coming across this. Surely it is a joke?

It seems like at least once a week we have these stories come out where you are just not sure what to make of them. A joke? A mistranslation? Or just a disconnect from reality?

In Swaziland, they talk about witches flying on broomsticks.

Broomstick-flying witches to be brought down in Swaziland – Times LIVE.

Witches flying broomsticks in Swaziland above 150 metres will be subject to arrest and a hefty fine of R500 000, civil aviation authorities said, according to a report.

“A witch on a broomstick should not fly above the [150-metre] limit,” Civil Aviation Authority marketing and corporate affairs director Sabelo Dlamini told the newspaper.

No penalties exist for witches flying below 150 metres.

The report said it was hard to say how serious he was, but witchcraft isn’t a joking matter in Swaziland, where the people believe in it.

The restrictions come after an incident with a remote controlled helicopter. So, safety is the main factor. Don’t want any witches colliding with other aircraft. Or… something.
cr1t (May 22, 2013, 11:14:28 AM):
I keep coming across this. Surely it is a joke?

It seems like at least once a week we have these stories come out where you are just not sure what to make of them. A joke? A mistranslation? Or just a disconnect from reality?

In Swaziland, they talk about witches flying on broomsticks.

Broomstick-flying witches to be brought down in Swaziland – Times LIVE.

Witches flying broomsticks in Swaziland above 150 metres will be subject to arrest and a hefty fine of R500 000, civil aviation authorities said, according to a report.

“A witch on a broomstick should not fly above the [150-metre] limit,” Civil Aviation Authority marketing and corporate affairs director Sabelo Dlamini told the newspaper.

No penalties exist for witches flying below 150 metres.

The report said it was hard to say how serious he was, but witchcraft isn’t a joking matter in Swaziland, where the people believe in it.

The restrictions come after an incident with a remote controlled helicopter. So, safety is the main factor. Don’t want any witches colliding with other aircraft. Or… something.

I've read the article I think it might be a lost in translation joke.
BoogieMonster (May 22, 2013, 13:59:47 PM):
What if the witch is riding a RC helicopter? Loophole!
brianvds (May 22, 2013, 14:18:40 PM):
Presumably, a Swazi member of Al Qaeda flies his broomstick into a tall building...
Tweefo (May 22, 2013, 16:07:20 PM):
Presumably, a Swazi member of Al Qaeda flies his broomstick into a tall building...

There are tall buildings in Swaziland?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page