South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

December 10, 2019, 22:06:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the posting guidelines before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Local Version of Ghost Hunters Coming Soon?

(Read 10423 times)
Description: SPITSA on TV?
mdg

Skeptical ability: +5/-0

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 13:08:40 PM »

The best part of the SPITSA website is their disclaimer. I'm not sure if any of you have read it........

SPTISA disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability, or availability of information or material displayed on this site. SPITSA disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on SPITSA .

SPITSA contains links to other Internet sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by SPITSA . These third party sites may also contain opinions and viewpoints of third parties that do not necessarily coincide with our opinions and viewpoints. Those sites may also have privacy policies different than our own privacy policy.

All materials, information, products & services included on SPITSA are provided "AS IS", with no warranties whatsoever. SPITSA expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory warranties. SPITSA disclaims any warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on SPITSA .All Logo's and Images are property of thier respectful owner. All HTML and Databases on SPITSA are © Copyright SPITSA .
  Huh? Grin
Jane of the Jungle

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 13:46:10 PM »

Finally, one must ask whether the “Residual Haunt” classification indicates that ghosts and spirits can be severely autistic.

LM FREEKIN AO   Grin Grin

SPITSA contains links to other Internet sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by SPITSA . These third party sites may also contain opinions and viewpoints of third parties that do not necessarily coincide with our opinions and viewpoints.

Suppose they don’t have a link to Sceptic.za ey Wink
Irreverend

Skeptical ability: +9/-1

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 11:12:03 AM »

We need a SA Penn and Teller team to call "Bullshit" here.
mdg

Skeptical ability: +5/-0

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 15:55:32 PM »

Seems our local ghost hunters have been very busy since my original post, they have since added another 11 cases to their website. One in particular caught my eye, it was a paranormal investigation of The Old Fort in Johannesburg (I'd love to know how they managed to get permission).

The Old Fort served as a prison, a place filled with lots of baddies and negative energy, so the SPITSA team should have been positively falling over ghosts and other entities. And what did they get for all their trouble (besides coverage from all the reporters and special guests they invited along)? Three highly unconvincing EVPs,(which you can listen to on the link I provided above).

After that kind of evidence, I'm convinced that there are ghosts.
Cici

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »

mdg how about hosting your own investigation. You could make use of
all the "accepted" techniques used by ghost hunters today and then gives us some feedback on your
findings.
cyghost
Skeptically yours

Skeptical ability: +12/-1

Carpe diem

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 13:06:09 PM »

Hi Cici. We have buried these ghosts a year ago. Not wanting to speak for mdg, I just want to note that putting effort into looking for something we have no reason to believe exist in the first place seems a bit redundant at best.
Wandapec

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

100% Proud Atheist/Skeptic

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 20:14:05 PM »

Did any of you see Carte Blanche tonight? My head is so sort from face palming!
Ghosts
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: