South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

August 21, 2019, 17:49:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

SA Rocks and ZA Sucks on 702

(Read 1432 times)
Description: link to podcast
bluegray
Administrator

Skeptical ability: +9/-3

saskeptics
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »

Got this from Ewan's blog. Just listened to the podcast now. Oi!
http://blog.ewanscorner.com/archives/2009/11/sa-rocks-and-za-sucks-on-702-the-podcast.php
mdg

Skeptical ability: +5/-0

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:56:41 AM »

I listened to the podcast yesterday and have to agree with Ewan, while I support freedom of speech I'm not sorry that ZA Sucks is no longer on the internet.
Unfortunately, a lot of his crazy followers are also on a forum called Stormfront.org which is far worse than ZA Sucks. Someone happened to tell me about the crazies on Stormfront.org yesterday and I had a look at the forum. I couldn't believe what I saw - bigotry, conspiracy theories, blatant racism, and ignorance, it's all there (even all that Uhuru nonsense). I'm not naive about what's on the internet, but sometimes I'm still shocked when I come across such in-your-face hatred.I feel dirty for just having read some of it.
It's an international forum and they claim to have over a hundred thousand hits a day - now that's shocking.  Shocked
DNA

Skeptical ability: +1/-0

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:52:49 AM »

It's kinda moved here:

http://mysasucks.com/

This seems to be done by an expat, but I can't be sure, if I read too much of this stuff my brain might stop working permanently.

Very scary people  Shocked
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 14:15:03 PM »

It's an unfortunate side effect of freedom of speech. But we truly should allow freedom of speech for EVERYONE. Crazy or not.
Tweefo

Skeptical ability: +10/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 15:24:56 PM »

It's an unfortunate side effect of freedom of speech. But we truly should allow freedom of speech for EVERYONE. Crazy or not.
I agree. You stop some speech and where do you stop? Hopefully the crazy stuff will be recognised as crazy by most. Without real free speech there will only be one kind of speech - the view favoring the strongest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: