Steve on 702

(1/29) > >>

StevoMuso (September 07, 2010, 13:53:10 PM):
Hey everyone, good news. I was on Radio 702 last night for a whole hour (11.00 to midnight) as the guest on Kieno's show. Afterwards the producer said she'd put the topic onto their site as a podcast (it should be there quite soon).

I found out about the show too late to let you guys know so you could tune in - sorry (really sorry - we had waaay too many woo-woo nuts phoning in and I could have done with some more intelligent calls from you guys).

Once the podcast is on their site I'll see if I can put a link to it onto this thread.

Yay! It was awesome to be on air for so long and to speak at length (and, if you know me by now, with passion) about atheism and my book.
Brian (September 07, 2010, 14:17:52 PM):
Well done. Any questions from ww's that irked (they all do), surprised, angered etc you? care to share?
StevoMuso (September 08, 2010, 08:31:36 AM):
Well done. Any questions from ww's that irked (they all do), surprised, angered etc you? care to share?
Fundies always annoy me - regardless. My daughter recons I was sooo diplomatic though and actually, I'm ashamed to say, I remained calm and professional the whole time. I have, in the past, delivered some choice gems of sarcasm to annoying Fundies (e.g. "How old did you say you were? And you still believe in an invisible Being floating around the universe? Bwuahahahahaaah!"), but on Monday I kinda kept my cool. The producer said that if I did well, they would start using me on a regular basis as a spokesman for atheism on 702, so it was kind of an audition.

One of the callers said something along the lines that she believes that God brings the sun up each morning and puts the moon out at night, and then she started going off about the book of Revelation and how people like me (saying such nasty things about God) are proof that we are living in the end times. Kieno got a little sarcastic but I just said, in effect, that she can believe what she likes but I prefer to think all those things are natural. Oh SO friggen diplomatic.

Heheh. Anyway, I passed the audition so it was worth it.
mdg (September 08, 2010, 08:59:57 AM):
Well Done Steve! Please give us the link as soon as it's available ;)

mdg
Hermes (September 08, 2010, 11:46:42 AM):
I'm pleased to hear of this success, Steve, well done. Radio is the medium where the religions stand very strong in SA, with various religious channels as well as religious programmes on SABC channels. We should welcome inroad being made here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page