South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

June 04, 2020, 11:24:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the posting guidelines before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

The Corona Crisis

(Read 5950 times)
Rigil Kent
Clotting Factor

Skeptical ability: +20/-3

Three men make a tiger.

« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2020, 09:01:31 AM »

Now is the time to open your minds.

I cannot agree more.

For years I was convinced that homeopathy contributed nothing to the world but muddled, wishful and pseudo-scientific thinking. I was of course mistaken.

During a recent visit to a packaging supply warehouse I encountered the boon of which you speak, first hand.  In aisle 3 west, I came across the wonder that is homeopathic bottles. With their amber colour, convenient size range, and the brilliant neck insert which allows one to dispense single drop quantities - get this: without the need for a bulb dropper - they are in a class of their own.

I refuse to use anything else for my cannabis tinctures.
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +14/-0

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »

Now is the time to open your minds.

I cannot agree more.

For years I was convinced that homeopathy contributed nothing to the world but muddled, wishful and pseudo-scientific thinking. I was of course mistaken.

During a recent visit to a packaging supply warehouse I encountered the boon of which you speak, first hand.  In aisle 3 west, I came across the wonder that is homeopathic bottles. With their amber colour, convenient size range, and the brilliant neck insert which allows one to dispense single drop quantities - get this: without the need for a bulb dropper - they are in a class of their own.

I refuse to use anything else for my cannabis tinctures.

Another thing to consider is that as the pandemic overruns the healthcare system, having access to some sort of supposed medical care will help to keep a lot of South Africans calm. So without homeopaths, they might have rioted. Perhaps homeopathy will save South Africa. :-)
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +63/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »

The effectiveness and the spread of homeopathic medicine around the world due to its successful use are demonstrated by many lives saved by it.
It can be used alongside anti-viral drugs, whilst on a ventilator, with old, young, infant and pregnant alike.
The numbers don't lie. Results have been recorded ,archived and are available for all to see. Now is the time to open your minds.
Starry-eyed belief in all of which is most ably helped along by first diluting your reasoning faculties beyond Avogadro’s limit, and succussing your brain against the obtuse imperviousness of homoeopathy’s proponents.

A gallery of hilariously uninformed humbug.  Even so, it does serve a didactic purpose, namely how not to assess evidence.

Homeopathy has been a boon to the patients of scarlet fever, typhus fever, yellow fever, Pneumonia, Cholera, Influenza, Hepatitis, Dengue, Leptospirosis and Conjunctivitis during the times of pandemics and epidemics.
Unsubstantiated because-I-say-so nonsense on stilts.  Is there a homoeopathic cure for pathological attraction to BS?

'Luthon64
Rigil Kent
Clotting Factor

Skeptical ability: +20/-3

Three men make a tiger.

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »

Is there a homoeopathic cure for pathological attraction to BS?
From what I understand, it will mostly depend on the solubility of BS in water. But my hopes aren't high. Since BS infuses the brain, which is almost entirely composed of myelin, I suspect BS to be hugely hydrophobic.
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2020, 19:56:35 PM »

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

Bunch of virologists hosting a weekly podcast. Makes for interesting listening

This week in virology

These guys are having an awesome time!
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2020, 14:41:38 PM »

Science can be so inconvenient sometimes.
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +14/-0

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2020, 05:58:10 AM »

Science can be so inconvenient sometimes.

The poor doc's probably going to get lynched by the anti-smoking lobby. :-)
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »

It is interesting to see how public pressure has an impact... even though the government seems to want to sell the idea that they're not waivering.

Meanwhile.

(With, of course, the one notable exception)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: