South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

November 21, 2017, 08:02:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

The Locator Locates! (Danie Krugel)

(Read 72507 times)
ewan

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

I did - transcript can be found at http://www.mnet.co.za/Mnet/Shows/carteblanche/Story.asp?Id=3665. Terrible as feared.

Professor Heleen Coetzee (former head of Histology at the University of Pretoria's medical Faculty, co-author and so called scientist) backs up Danie's machine - her "scientific consciousness interface operation system" (SCIO) mentioned in the article deserves some further investigation methinks... mentioned here: http://thesecondsight.blogspot.com/2007/04/eors-mailbag.html and here: http://thesecondsight.blogspot.com/2006/10/quantum-energy-money-machine.html.
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »

Not to derail the thread, but the fact that Prof. Coetzee supports the SCIO device (also discussed here) as a valid modality says a lot.  If she believes that it has any value above a placebo or a stress-alleviating device then she needs to reconsider very carefully.  There’s a reason that in the US the device can only be traded as a stress-reducer, not as a diagnostic or a curative one.

Be that as it may, if she supports SCIO and Danie Krügel, then she has an obvious attraction to woo-woo claims, and that’s worrying coming from a high-level academic in a scientific field.  Her authority, while not to be taken lightly, is certainly not decisive.  Krügel still owes the world evidence despite Carte Blanche’s and Prof. Coetzee’s thumbs-up.

'Luthon64
bluegray
Administrator

Skeptical ability: +9/-3

saskeptics
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »

At least they included this bit from Dr David Klatzow:
Dr Klatzow: "There is no evidence at the moment that he is actually measuring quantum entanglement, which is a real phenomenon. There are many, many people who are right in the thick of quantum physics and for a man to come out of a police background and with no quantum physics and no scientific training to make this world-shattering discovery is, to say the least, very unlikely."
[Dr] David insists that proper scientific protocol needs to be set up to test Danie's machine. He says that information in the public domain could have played a role in Danie's successes.

Dr Klatzow: "There is observer bias. There are people who have agenda's on this - one way or the other. The police have one agenda, the police have another agenda. It may be a pure agenda, and I am not suggesting for one moment that his agenda is anything but. And there are too many loose ends in the tests that have been done to date to make them scientific."

But then they have Prof Heleen Coetzee showing what she knows about science:
Heleen: "I think he's done enough to show that this thing works. I know that there are certain ways of doing research, where if you have done enough of the same thing, and you get the same results, statistically it is provable that this thing is right."
No Heleen, he has not done anything to show that the machine is anything but an empty box with fancy lights. All of his finds could just as easily been done with good detective work. There is nothing to suggest that the locating device played any part in finding the victims at all. You either have a very low standard of what constitutes as research or you don't have a clue what real scientific research is.
Mandarb

Skeptical ability: +3/-0

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

So how about someone challenge him to the Million Dollar Challenge?
Sentinel

Skeptical ability: +7/-0

Hellbound Sentry

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »

So how about someone challenge him to the Million Dollar Challenge?

stopdaniekrugel.com
Mandarb

Skeptical ability: +3/-0

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2009, 17:59:03 PM »

Yeah, maybe I should actually read the resources before spouting my mouth off. Sorry Sad
bluegray
Administrator

Skeptical ability: +9/-3

saskeptics
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »

Danie Krugel – Finding Missing Persons: Secret Emerging Technology Based on Quantum Physics
What Skeptics say about Danie Krugel?

South African Forensics Expert Dr David Klatzow: "There is no evidence at the moment that he is actually measuring quantum entanglement, which is a real phenomenon. There are many, many people who are right in the thick of quantum physics and for a man to come out of a police background and with no quantum physics and no scientific training to make this world-shattering discovery is, to say the least, very unlikely."

Hoax debunker, James Randi issued a challenge after Krugel’s second appearance on local TV show Carte Blance: “All this leads us to enthusiastically offer Colonel Daniel Krugel, and Carte Blanche, the JREF million-dollar prize, if the MOS can operate as claimed. Tests would take less than an hour, and we already have experts standing by on site to spring into action as soon as Krugel or Carte Blanche give us the word.”

A Blog in South Africa entitled "Stop Danie Krugel" is very popular.

Possible Explanation for What Danie Krugel Does

According to some speculators, this emerging technology that is used to perform these “miracles” might just have nothing to do with “actual DNA” but more with a form of quantum entanglement. They believe that it is commonly known that everything in universe resonates at a certain specific unique frequency.

So, is it possible that Danie Krugel manages to identify this unique frequency from a test sample and then by triangulation and signal strength, is able to hone in on the corresponding source?

When he has patented his device, the world will surely know and if the reaction is positive, Krugel will certainly be hailed as one of the heroes of our times.
*Sigh* If quantum entanglement could be used in this manner, it would make big headlines. Sadly this just shows how badly people understand this very real and useful phenomenon. What are you waiting for Danie? We are ready to be wowed. Or could it be that you have nothing but good old fashioned police work to patent. That and a bit of smoke and mirrors and publicity at the right time...
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2009, 14:21:09 PM »

So, is it possible that Danie Krugel manages to identify this unique frequency from a test sample and then by triangulation and signal strength, is able to hone in on the corresponding source?

When he has patented his device, the world will surely know and if the reaction is positive, Krugel will certainly be hailed as one of the heroes of our times.
Thank you, thank you for finding this and raising it here!  It is a distillation of all that is essentially wrong with popular scientific journalism.  Several experts say, in a gentle and restrained voice, “The man is very probably deluded, and what he says does not sound feasible.”  The writer cites just one such expert, and neglects to think (never mind mention) that there are hundreds, even thousands of experts who would say mostly the same thing.  The reporter (and subeditor and possibly the editor, too) truly thinks that this is “balanced reporting,” i.e. offsetting the claimant’s story with the critique of a single expert.  Then, to cap it off, the reporter completely deserts reality and determinedly ventures into woo-woo land with a strategically placed and tantalising, “How wonderful if it was true!” spin right at the end.  So much for sticking to the facts.  The casual reader is thus left with the impression that there’s more than a little something to Krügel’s claims.

This is the dark side of journalistic independence:  ignorance is allowed, even encouraged to shine.

'Luthon64
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2009, 17:44:44 PM »

What has happened to the Stop Danie Krügel website?

Aliens?  Gremlins?  Or was it washed away by a flood of Veet maybe?

'Luthon64
mdg

Skeptical ability: +5/-0

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

I'm not too sure what is going on, Mefiante, I checked the website just over a week ago and it was up. What has been puzzling me, though, is that SSiE's blog has been unreachable for over a month now - it says the blog is protected, which is a pity because I really enjoy reading his posts.
Are you still in contact with him? If so, perhaps he can tell us what's going on?

mdg
Owen Swart
Officer in Charge, SciOps

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

Fleet Captain Owen Swart of the Starship Dauntless

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

Sorry gang... it's my fault.

SSiE is in the process of relocating to greener pastures, and he's handed over the Stop Danie Krugel site to me. Unfortunately the domain expired last week while I was in the midst of preparations for the weekend's Star Trek convention, and I missed the notification. (so much for Starfleet efficiency)

I'm working on getting it up and running again. Hopefully without much more interruption.
Peter Grant

Skeptical ability: +5/-9

a fully caused agent

AtheistStoned AtheistStoned
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2009, 18:19:48 PM »

That's happened to me before, you're lucky no-one stole it.
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2011, 19:26:31 PM »

Danie Krügel gets to weigh in on alleged satanic shenanigans, including murder, on etv’s 3rd Degree programme this Tuesday (06/09/2011) at 21:30.  Rooting out Satanists in and around Bloemfontein and rehabilitating them is among bible-thumping Danie’s lesser talents.  Could it be that he has developed another kind of magic hair-box that can find Satanists?

'Luthon64
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2011, 21:58:45 PM »

If you watched carefully, you’ll now know beyond much doubt that Danie Krügel’s KTT device is a fraud.

'Luthon64
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »

I don't do broadcast TV, so I didn't watch the show. Although I would've liked to see a bit. What did Mr. Krügel do/fail to do, that blew his cover wide open?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: