The Locator Locates! (Danie Krugel)

<< < (26/28) > >>

Mandarb (April 21, 2009, 17:59:03 PM):
Yeah, maybe I should actually read the resources before spouting my mouth off. Sorry :(
bluegray (April 29, 2009, 11:46:56 AM):
Danie Krugel – Finding Missing Persons: Secret Emerging Technology Based on Quantum Physics
What Skeptics say about Danie Krugel?

South African Forensics Expert Dr David Klatzow: "There is no evidence at the moment that he is actually measuring quantum entanglement, which is a real phenomenon. There are many, many people who are right in the thick of quantum physics and for a man to come out of a police background and with no quantum physics and no scientific training to make this world-shattering discovery is, to say the least, very unlikely."

Hoax debunker, James Randi issued a challenge after Krugel’s second appearance on local TV show Carte Blance: “All this leads us to enthusiastically offer Colonel Daniel Krugel, and Carte Blanche, the JREF million-dollar prize, if the MOS can operate as claimed. Tests would take less than an hour, and we already have experts standing by on site to spring into action as soon as Krugel or Carte Blanche give us the word.”

A Blog in South Africa entitled "Stop Danie Krugel" is very popular.

Possible Explanation for What Danie Krugel Does

According to some speculators, this emerging technology that is used to perform these “miracles” might just have nothing to do with “actual DNA” but more with a form of quantum entanglement. They believe that it is commonly known that everything in universe resonates at a certain specific unique frequency.

So, is it possible that Danie Krugel manages to identify this unique frequency from a test sample and then by triangulation and signal strength, is able to hone in on the corresponding source?

When he has patented his device, the world will surely know and if the reaction is positive, Krugel will certainly be hailed as one of the heroes of our times.
*Sigh* If quantum entanglement could be used in this manner, it would make big headlines. Sadly this just shows how badly people understand this very real and useful phenomenon. What are you waiting for Danie? We are ready to be wowed. Or could it be that you have nothing but good old fashioned police work to patent. That and a bit of smoke and mirrors and publicity at the right time...
Mefiante (April 29, 2009, 14:21:09 PM):
So, is it possible that Danie Krugel manages to identify this unique frequency from a test sample and then by triangulation and signal strength, is able to hone in on the corresponding source?

When he has patented his device, the world will surely know and if the reaction is positive, Krugel will certainly be hailed as one of the heroes of our times.
Thank you, thank you for finding this and raising it here! It is a distillation of all that is essentially wrong with popular scientific journalism. Several experts say, in a gentle and restrained voice, “The man is very probably deluded, and what he says does not sound feasible.” The writer cites just one such expert, and neglects to think (never mind mention) that there are hundreds, even thousands of experts who would say mostly the same thing. The reporter (and subeditor and possibly the editor, too) truly thinks that this is “balanced reporting,” i.e. offsetting the claimant’s story with the critique of a single expert. Then, to cap it off, the reporter completely deserts reality and determinedly ventures into woo-woo land with a strategically placed and tantalising, “How wonderful if it was true!” spin right at the end. So much for sticking to the facts. The casual reader is thus left with the impression that there’s more than a little something to Krügel’s claims.

This is the dark side of journalistic independence: ignorance is allowed, even encouraged to shine.

'Luthon64
Mefiante (October 02, 2009, 17:44:44 PM):
What has happened to the Stop Danie Krügel website?

Aliens? Gremlins? Or was it washed away by a flood of Veet maybe?

'Luthon64
mdg (October 05, 2009, 11:01:07 AM):
I'm not too sure what is going on, Mefiante, I checked the website just over a week ago and it was up. What has been puzzling me, though, is that SSiE's blog has been unreachable for over a month now - it says the blog is protected, which is a pity because I really enjoy reading his posts.
Are you still in contact with him? If so, perhaps he can tell us what's going on?

mdg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page