South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

July 25, 2017, 00:32:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the forum rules before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Welcome to all new members!

(Read 19253 times)
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »

There is a thread about this somewheres, I think Boogie started it. I'll go have a looky if I can find it.

No need, my coming out thread was HERE.But Tweefo also had one right before that HERE.
Hermes

Skeptical ability: +18/-2

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

Hi Motte, welcome to the forum.

Regarding "coming out": it may be better to underplay it rather than making a dramatic announcement.  The occasional indication that you don't really care much for religion might meet with less resistance than announcing atheism with a capital A.
Motte

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:10 AM »

Thanx for all the advice guys, appreciated ! I am sorry for the people whose families have written them off, at least you stood up for what you (non?)-believed in. Respect. You have backbone. For me I don't mind losing ignorant aunts and uncles, but I definitely want to see my cousins grow up. Catch 22. Choices ! Have a great day everyone !!
cr1t

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

cr1t
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »

Yes I am a VERY PROUD Atheist,since I was 18. but sort of in the "closet", as I can only tell some people. The fact that I'm Afrikaans and grew up "NG-Kerk" Christian does not make it easier, especially i.t.o family and a LOT of friends. I would like to know if there are other Atheists who has admitted to all their conservative families and friends that they have abandoned this ridiculous religion BS, and how has it been recieved ? Wish I could just shout it out on FB once and for all and be free to be myself. And screw the rest. But then family is still family...this seems to be a tough choice. Huh?

Hello and welcome

I'm just wondering why you feel your in a closet? Do they make you do
religious things that you don't want to?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: