South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

December 05, 2019, 20:03:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the forum rules before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

My book on the shelf

(Read 34874 times)
Description: Finally
Brian

Skeptical ability: +8/-1

I think therefor I am, I think

« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »

Me too me too! My book is featured in Raider Literary Magazine as one of six books to "keep an eye out for this Fall:
Here are some of our best new authors. Along with links where you can learn a bit more about their books...

see
http://raidermag.com/Authors.html
Mutton

Skeptical ability: +2/-0

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2010, 15:56:46 PM »

After hearing Steve on 702 I was compelled to get the book.
I was subsequently pointed at this forum and then became even more determined to acquire the aforementioned tome...

Finally got my hands on it today!

Went to Exclusive Books at Clearwater Mall - the assitant did a lookup for me...No, they didn't have it but EB Cresta did, she said. Trying to confirm that we were talking about the same thing, I said "That is the one by Steve Hurlin?"

"Not sure", she replied, "I think it's by the big Adult World on Beyers Naude". (True story!!)

Interestingly, EB Cresta had it filed under "History".....His Story perhaps?

Mext book to buy is "There is a God" by Antony Flew...looks interesting?

StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »

After hearing Steve on 702 I was compelled to get the book.
I was subsequently pointed at this forum and then became even more determined to acquire the aforementioned tome... Finally got my hands on it today!
Went to Exclusive Books at Clearwater Mall - the assitant did a lookup for me...No, they didn't have it but EB Cresta did, she said. Trying to confirm that we were talking about the same thing, I said "That is the one by Steve Hurlin?"
"Not sure", she replied, "I think it's by the big Adult World on Beyers Naude". (True story!!)
Interestingly, EB Cresta had it filed under "History".....His Story perhaps?
Mext book to buy is "There is a God" by Antony Flew...looks interesting?
Cool. Thanks for going to so much trouble to find my book. I will contact EB Cresta and ask them nicely to file it under the correct section (EB Centurion has my book right next to the ones by Richard Dawkins heheh). I hope you find some value in the book  Smiley
Brian

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2010, 16:35:43 PM »

Steve, have you received any royalties to date? I haven't. From a blog http://mickrooney.blogspot.com/2009/02/raider-international-publishing.html it seems that people are having hassles with RPI. Have we been ripped off?
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »

Steve, have you received any royalties to date? I haven't. From a blog http://mickrooney.blogspot.com/2009/02/raider-international-publishing.html it seems that people are having hassles with RPI. Have we been ripped off?

No royalties yet. Adam sent me an email saying it will be done shortly. I dunno - I'm a bit worried. Nice link, Brian, thanks. Especially the comments - I left one too.
Brian

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »

He wrote me today too saying the the sales report should reach me soon and the revised version will go to print in a couple of weeks  Huh?
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »

He wrote me today too saying the the sales report should reach me soon and the revised version will go to print in a couple of weeks  Huh?
Shit! It's taken them a YEAR to reprint?? You must be seriously pissed off. I think they are keen to get money in from new authors, but reluctant to pass any out on royalties. If I don't hear from them for another month, I'm thinking of asking Dan Barker to get one of FFRF's lawyers to send them a letter. I bought 20 books from them and waited months for the delivery. I finally threw my toys out the cot - nasty emails etc. - and received the books via DHL within a week. Let's hope the delay in royalties is due to inefficiency and not criminal intent.
Brian

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »

Criminal intent! That's what is bugging me as well. He made the point that it is expensive to reprint my book  WTF!! I said so what? It's your problem, fix it! And cheques going missing in the mail...BS. I also got the feeling he's woo...am I mistaken? and now conspiracy theory kicks in Huh? I just wish he'd get my book sorted out...I can handle most of the marketing. EB Pavilion and Pmb have a couple of copies on the shelf, though.
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »

Got a cheque yesterday!!! Yay!!! This was for 1st quarter 2010 (my last quarter 2009 is still missing though).
Brian

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2010, 08:05:54 AM »

Sjoe, that's a relief...I'm watching the mail!!!
Brian

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »

3 copies on the shelf in EB in Pavilion, Durbs...going to organise some more and do a promotion sometime.
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2010, 08:04:50 AM »

3 copies on the shelf in EB in Pavilion, Durbs...going to organise some more and do a promotion sometime.

Hey - well done Brian. And well done on your "Hero Status" too. Smiley
Mutton

« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2010, 22:36:12 PM »

Yoh ... SteveOh ... your book available at Woolworths yet?
ingwe

« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2010, 23:45:37 PM »

Grin
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »

Yoh ... SteveOh ... your book available at Woolworths yet?

Heheh. LOL. Now THAT would be funny. Maybe some woo will complain and Woolies will panic and take it off the shelf. Then normal people would moan and bitch, and they will put it back again. LOL. Nice post Mutton.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: