South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

November 22, 2019, 20:36:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Sarkozy to submit bill banning Islamic face veils

(Read 4218 times)
Jane of the Jungle

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »

I did quite a conservative Afrikaans wedding the other day and the Domenie went on and on about how the woman must submit to the husband, who is head of the home etc. etc. ad nausium. I was shocked.
I foresee that all this banging on submissiveness would be cut slack on in the near future.  They’ve slowly but surely moved from a merciless gawd who would cast you in hell, to an all loving and caring gawd who actually would forgive you just about anything, in the past 30 years.  When the “sisters kerke” realised their support is dying a slow death to their competitors who is preaching a loving gawd, they had to change their approach.

What also shocked me was the nodding congregation - nodding in agreement (not falling asleep)
Sure?  Grin
StevoMuso
Stevo Muso

Skeptical ability: +4/-0

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 12:53:11 PM »

I did quite a conservative Afrikaans wedding the other day and the Domenie went on and on about how the woman must submit to the husband, who is head of the home etc. etc. ad nausium. I was shocked.
I foresee that all this banging on submissiveness would be cut slack on in the near future.  They’ve slowly but surely moved from a merciless gawd who would cast you in hell, to an all loving and caring gawd who actually would forgive you just about anything, in the past 30 years.  When the “sisters kerke” realised their support is dying a slow death to their competitors who is preaching a loving gawd, they had to change their approach.
Interesting how quickly the credulous move away from the Biblical God when it suits them. If Christians read their Wholly Babbles they would find out who their Gawd really is and run screaming to a more decent religion like atheism (hehe  Grin).

What also shocked me was the nodding congregation - nodding in agreement (not falling asleep)
Sure?  Grin
Yup. They were hanging on his every word - friggen gullible idiots *SIGH*
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +61/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 13:33:22 PM »

France’s anti-niqab law to become enforceable from 11 April this year.

'Luthon64
Hermes

Skeptical ability: +18/-2

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 13:27:22 PM »

The forced wearing of niqabs is oppressive to women and must go.  What is rather disappointing, is Sarkozy’s motivation, blatantly portraying his religious bias:
He has ordered a nationwide debate on Islam's place in secular France, briefing journalists he wants no halal food options in school canteens, no prayers outside and no minarets. He was defiant on Thursday, giving a speech lauding the "Christian heritage of France".
The “Christian heritage of France”, which Sarkozy is so proud of, encompasses horrific persecution, especially by the Roman Catholic Church, still revered by a significant proportion of France’s population.  So minarets are banned, but church steeples are fine.  The musical quality originating from the bells of Notre Dame is, in my subjective opinion, vastly superior to the prayer calls from the minarets, often blared with megaphones, but we are dealing with principles here and allowing the one and banning the other would require sound motivation.  One is left with the impression that Sarkozy is not motivated by women’s rights, but by canvassing votes from the Christian right.
st0nes

Skeptical ability: +10/-1

mark.widdicombe1
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 14:46:25 PM »

Of course--he's a politician, not a statesman.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  
GoogleTagged: powered forums smf

Jump to: