South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

May 31, 2020, 06:40:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the posting guidelines before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Has anyone seen Inception?

(Read 913 times)
GCG

Skeptical ability: +8/-4

skeptical mantis is skeptical

adele horn
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »

it didnt exaclty knock my socks off, eventhough old Leonardo did redeem his doucheness from Titanic.
Lilli

Skeptical ability: +3/-0

Lelani Stolp
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »

Good friend of mine went to see it... twice... but i think he just has a thing for ol' Leo. hehe.
Agreed on the Titanic-fiasco (but to be fair, he was pretty good in some other stuff - I'm thinking: What's eating Gilbert Grape, Catch me if you can, the aviator...  Undecided )
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:11 AM »

Havent seen it yet, but imo ol' Leo is getting more handsome with age, never have been fond of pretty boys, but he's slowely gaining that matured look I'm so fond of.
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »

Yeah, I think Titanic single-handedly ruined Leo's image, he's been much better in later movies. In Blood Diamond, he just fell about a mm short of convincing me he was an Afrikaans farmboy from zim..

As for inception, I think the hype ruined it for me. People were mad pimpin the movie at me with stuff like "This is just as mind-blowingly good as Matrix I was!". Uhm, no. It was a pretty solid movie that stands strong on it's own, but dealt a serious blow by all the over-hyping that's been going on. You can't walk into a cinema thinking something is going to be the greatest thing ever, and then get something that's "good".

In my book it was good enough to go see, but not good enough to declare it an instant classic.

ps. I watched this at the behest of a friend at the "grande" cinema in monte, and was hugely disappointed: Their sound was horrible, all bass with little midrange and treble. We struggled a lot to just hear what the characters were saying. I don't recommend it. Just because it's "monte" doesn't make it better.
GCG

Skeptical ability: +8/-4

skeptical mantis is skeptical

adele horn
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »

holy flippin wow boogie.  i checked it at monte too, and my exact comment was, that i couldnt hear shit, coz the bass was too hectic.
i think the action sequences were fair, with a few gimmicks to boot.  but i wasnt tearing the foam from my seat.
i recommended to my mate, wait for the dvd.  it's just not cult classic material.
people are dissing the a-team movie, but im quite keen to check it, coz of old wikus being murdock.
i still want to get my hands on the District9 dvd.  now that's cult classic material.
Mordred
Proudly skeptic

Skeptical ability: +0/-0

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:15:17 AM »

Thought the acting was fantastic, plot was a bit thin. Compared to other Christopher Nolan work like Dark Night, Memento I was disappointed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: