South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

May 30, 2017, 00:40:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Need a mural?

(Read 2365 times)
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +12/-0

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »

Worpress is quite good for free hosting.  They've got quite a selection of free templates to use, so you don't have to start from scratch.

I registered at Wordpress, only to find that I couldn't make head or tails of their interface. I decided to just make a small blog and see what happens. Probably not much. But I'll put ads in Gumtree etc.

The good news is that I am negotiating with a guy who wants animal paintings. Whether anything will come of it is a good question, because he has a hugely ambitious thing in mind, and it may well be far more than he can afford. I'm of course willing to work fairly cheaply, but there are limits, especially since he's a good 100 km from me (if not actually a bit more) and all transport I have at the moment is a small motorcycle, which will make for a difficult commute.
Rigil Kent
Clotting Factor

Skeptical ability: +19/-3

Three men make a tiger.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 14:13:57 PM »

Unless your name is Tweefo, a hundred clicks is a bit far. Maybe you could complete the mural at home and then fax it to him. Wink
brianvds

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 15:28:43 PM »

Unless your name is Tweefo, a hundred clicks is a bit far. Maybe you could complete the mural at home and then fax it to him. Wink

I like that idea. He'll just need to configure his wall to receive faxes. :-)

Anyway, I'll have to see whether anything comes of this particular case (he knows I am inexperienced and his project is quite ambitious - to be honest, I'm a tad terrified), but I am somewhat encouraged that this thing might after all work.
Tweefo

Skeptical ability: +9/-0

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 19:12:36 PM »

Can I just point out that on Adwords you pay per click, so it is not that expensive, and you know that most of those hits had at least a slight interest in what you are selling.
brianvds

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 03:54:54 AM »

Can I just point out that on Adwords you pay per click, so it is not that expensive, and you know that most of those hits had at least a slight interest in what you are selling.

Might we well worth it then. Well, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all the input.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: