South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

October 14, 2019, 22:37:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Please read the forum rules before posting.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Prison School Tours

(Read 6173 times)
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 07:33:33 AM »

I work at schools so maybe I can do with a bit of forewarning. Can you name the school Faerie? 

Alberview Primary School - Alberton

The last couple years saw it going from one of the best schools in the area to one of the most problematic. Some info (the school's not very forthcoming) would really be interesting.

I'm relieved he's only got a few weeks left there, the poor lad's had a hell of a year there.

@ Boogie, I didnt allow either of my son's at the veldschools - due to the experiences I had way back then. My s/o also have horror stories to tell about his veldschool. I've allowed them on the leadership camps (3 days/2 nights) but was extremely particular and visited the venues beforehand and ensured that the teachers etc KNOW who I am and that I'm watching, both those experiences turned out to be positive.  My youngest will beginning next year attend a three day induction camp to the high school, but I'm not overly concerned about that one for two reasons - my eldest loved it and everything is on camera, and the parents are allowed to view it if they so wish, the kids also receive a dvd with their experiences - the camp takes place to replace the routine "ontgroening" and I prefer the manner that they deal with it. Its very controlled.
Brian

Skeptical ability: +8/-1

I think therefor I am, I think

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 15:02:40 PM »

what was the final outcome Faerie? did your son go and what was his response?
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 15:11:35 PM »

I gave him the choice and he decided to go.  He seemed utterly unimpressed with it, and upon prodding delivered his usual "'twas boring" - which I had to be satisfied with. The only thing he did complain about was that lunch was a hot dog and he doesnt eat meat.

A bit of an anticlimax really!  Undecided

I still think they're too young for it, aside from my initial concerns, I now tend to think that it was probably a bit over their heads actually.
Brian

Skeptical ability: +8/-1

I think therefor I am, I think

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 15:51:28 PM »

probably depends how it was presented to them to make it 'not so boring' like show them the torture chambers and solitude lock ups and let them sit there with no lights on! NO! i'm just joking...glad it was a damp squib though.
Peter Grant

Skeptical ability: +5/-9

a fully caused agent

AtheistStoned AtheistStoned
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 18:27:56 PM »

He seemed utterly unimpressed with it, and upon prodding delivered his usual "'twas boring" - which I had to be satisfied with.

LOL, I told you! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: