South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

April 07, 2020, 11:24:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

The little things that irk us so

(Read 129669 times)
GCG

Skeptical ability: +8/-4

skeptical mantis is skeptical

adele horn
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:20 AM »

hey boogie.  if you decide to get hitched, do what a mate of mine did.  go to the magistrate, then have an epic party at a jol of your choice.  people who are your REAL friends will pitch.  those just innit for free booze, wil not.
having done the whole 70k wedding, i do not recommend indebting yourself for the sake of others people's gullets.
you will find marriage officials aplenty that will hitch you and missus in a park, on the beach (hallo maldives.....), even do a pagan wedding.  even if you dont believe.  they are loads of fun.
hell, do a hindu wedding.  or have a star wars wedding.  (i vote for that one)
Faerie

Skeptical ability: +10/-2

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

In a coaching forum here at work, new discussion points this morning:

How do you think the 2012 planetary movements and new found universal energies of this year are going to challenge us as life coaches?

I weep....

and dispair at the fact that the conversation round THIS question lasted more than an hour...

*headdesk*
Rigil Kent
Clotting Factor

Skeptical ability: +20/-3

Three men make a tiger.

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »

Answer: Due to the planetary movements predicted for 2012, the life coaches will start feeling a lot colder soon - even within the next month or so. They must not panic, but adjust their wardrobes in a calm, orderly and rational fashion.

Rigil.
BoogieMonster
NP complete

Skeptical ability: +19/-1

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

Indeed, I predict the energy reaching our hemisphere will fall dramatically in the short term, leading many to feel the effects of increased appetite and more mass around their equatorial regions.
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +63/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »

How do you think the 2012 planetary movements and new found universal energies of this year are going to challenge us as life coaches?
Well, I don’t know what they will do in the human sphere of interest, but you can be sure that they won’t be diminishing the questioner’s penchant for ersatz meaning, manufactured mystery and ignorant conceit…

'Luthon64
Faerie

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »

The freaking cacophony of telephones ringing in an open plan office.

It just rings and rings and rings and rings.... and in between one gets the latest hits at earsplitting volume from various cellphones just laying idly on desks, just to vary the irritation.

I'm grumpy.
st0nes

Skeptical ability: +10/-1

mark.widdicombe1
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2012, 11:13:04 AM »

The freaking cacophony of telephones ringing in an open plan office.

It just rings and rings and rings and rings.... and in between one gets the latest hits at earsplitting volume from various cellphones just laying idly on desks, just to vary the irritation.

I'm grumpy.
Amen.  In our office if someone doesn't pick up everyone's phone rings until it's picked up.  Thank the FSM this is my second last day.

I'm grumpier.
Faerie

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »

I'm grumpier.

I'm female, I beat male grumpy any day.
LJGraey
Don't come to the dark side. We're all out of cookies.

Skeptical ability: +1/-0

Semper in excreta

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2012, 23:36:50 PM »

Lol... Phones? I'd take phones any day. I have to contend with a bunch of hearing impaired welders and boilermakers happilly hammering away on large steel plates all day. And all that while stuck in a tiny office with no airconditioning half of the day, and a tiny metal box with poor lighting and old grease and dirt everywhere the rest. And yet for some crazy reason I still tell people I love my job... But right now my back is killing me, and the beer aint helpin'. Tongue
JoanA Arc

« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »

Useless, lazy individuals who screw up the innards of the photocopiers with paper jams (THEIR print jobs) and run away, leaving it for someone else - usually me - to disembowel and fix the machine(s). Same lazy shytes who can't pick up the phone and report printer errors/paper shortages/malfunctions bcos they're useless twats who leave it to me to do.  If I wanted to be a bloody Xerox technician (which I don't) I'd get a job there!  Oh, and useless Xerox techies who aren't interested in fixing their bloody machines!
Mefiante
Defollyant Iconoclast

Skeptical ability: +63/-9

In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 17:39:02 PM »

Bolshy motorists who are oblivious of the Road Traffic Ordinance, specifically the rules governing who has the right of way in what circumstances, who get shirty when they are clearly in the wrong and would realise it if only they knew the applicable rules.  In this regard, the fathomless ignorance surrounding the proper use of traffic circles, pedestrian crossings and pedestrians at controlled intersections is especially shocking.  It is not hard to locate these rules.  Google knows them very well indeed.  All that is needed is more interest and less ego.

'Luthon64
Majin

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

living in sin:  fun since the dawn of time

not to be grim, but mebbeh it's time that she cut ties.  coz, (and i'm speaking from experience here) if the family starts getting inbetween you okes (and they will easily spread rumours of infidelity etc), then shits gonna head south quickly, and ruin something good.
AND, might i add, if you want to get hitched, she might get bullied into a church wedding, coz she doesnt want to offend gran/aunt/daddy, AND family might threaten to boycott said wedding if not held in a church.
AND when sprogs appear, you would for ever be fighting off woo-induction, and having them talk bullshit into your kid's heads.
i cut ties with my family, and it is a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

Sorry I only read this now... Cheesy I am never getting married in a church. Our wedding, our life. I don't care if I offend family, they must except me for who I am. If they want to boycot our wedding because of something silly then they are not important. It will still hurt. But I decided I was tired of hiding even if I had to offend.

And I am a very protective person, so the only person / persons who will educate my child is me and boogie monster. I don't mind my children one day learning about god. If they would like to go to church it is fine, but I will always make sure they are not being bullied into it. And I will make sure our children get all the facts.

I wouldn't like to cut ties but if it is the best thing for my kids I will deal with it when the time come. Cheesy
Atleast my sister is not hounding me anymore about my atheism but maybe it is to soon to tell.

There will always be people talking bullshit to my children. We are surrounded by idiots. I will just have to correct them when that happen. And I think boogie monster will help me. Listen to me talking about children already.

Nobody bullies me - I am headstrong. I do not bow to society rules.
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +14/-0

« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »

Well, here's something little but irkworthy... :-)

Faerie

« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »

Idiots that think being agressive will get them what they want, when it actually ellicits the exact opposite response (from me at least). Then in the course of the overly aggressive conversation, throw accussations at you - I gave this to you in JANUARY already - and you respond that you only started the job in March - which then just sends them on another tangent of lies and tantrums.

*sigh*

My boss will be receiving a formal complaint about me because I told her that I'm not interested in her ranting anymore and put down the phone. (she actually phoned back to tell me that, and I put the phone down on her again).

*sigh*
st0nes

Skeptical ability: +10/-1

mark.widdicombe1
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »

My boss will be receiving a formal complaint about me because I told her that I'm not interested in her ranting anymore and put down the phone. (she actually phoned back to tell me that, and I put the phone down on her again).

*sigh*

My sympathies.  This guy doesn't care much about formal complaints...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: