The little things that irk us so

<< < (118/133) > >>

Spike (June 13, 2017, 09:50:12 AM):
Phone rings.
Me: Hallo?
Person: Good morning, is that (name)
Me: Grunt
Person: We have a special offer for your safety in (place). Do you have an alarm system?
Me: ....
BoogieMonster (June 13, 2017, 10:12:27 AM):
That's one way to recon I guess.
brianvds (June 13, 2017, 12:21:18 PM):
That's rather alarming...
Mefiante (June 13, 2017, 18:12:30 PM):
Dense people can be no little irksome thing.

I’ve got this dolt who’s been sending five or more “Please Call Me” notifications daily for the past three weeks, despite several replies of mine alerting them to the fact that they’ve got the wrong damn number. Also, I can’t block the number ’cos my phone doesn’t support that feature, and the alternative of approaching the service provider for a solution (blocking the number or upgraded phone) are equally daunting in their inevitable irksomeness.

What to do, what to do? Ignoring the dolt doesn’t seem to get the message across either.

'Luthon64
brianvds (June 14, 2017, 06:04:26 AM):
Reminds me of a practical joke that was popular when I was a teen. You call people and ask "Is John there?" (Or whatever name). Of course he isn't. and ten minutes later you call again: "Can I speak to John, please?" And so on, every half hour, until late at night. Works even better if you can get various people to make the same call. Then finally, at three in the morning, you call and say "Hi, this is John speaking. Were there any messages for me?"

Not that I ever inflicted this on anyone. It's not that I wasn't naughty enough; it just seemed like too much hard work. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page