The little things that irk us so

<< < (124/130) > >>

Mefiante (August 03, 2017, 10:40:00 AM):
You have to sell your dollars to FNB, who will graciously provide you with their collusion-based deflated buyer's rate minus their hard-earned commission for performing such an arduous scam…
Yup, that’s SA forex trade in a calloused nutshell: A scam as usurious as it is exploitative, and as only faceless financial disservice providers are capable of concocting.

'Luthon64
brianvds (August 03, 2017, 10:41:15 AM):
Well, there I understand it better now; thanks for all the input. Let's see if the thing will work.

It does frustrate me that South Africa seems to be so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to certain things (even though apparently our banking industry is otherwise pretty good by world standards). Makes me feel I live in some ignorant little backwater.
Spike (August 03, 2017, 14:29:26 PM):
Makes me feel I live in some ignorant little backwater.

But... we do. Though I must say, I think the US is catching up fast. Or slipping down rapidly.
brianvds (August 03, 2017, 15:02:24 PM):
Makes me feel I live in some ignorant little backwater.

But... we do. Though I must say, I think the US is catching up fast. Or slipping down rapidly.

True story! But at the moment they're still YUGE.
brianvds (August 11, 2017, 09:29:22 AM):
Paypal is done and dusted,

Except that it isn't...

you have to confirm this transaction from your bank account side within 2-3 days. After you do confirm your card on FNB, you can transact immediately.

Did the thing on Paypal's end a week ago. Still no sign of the transaction on my bank statements. So next week, for the 217 bazillionth time, I'll have to go stand in queues at the bank to work out why the transaction didn't go through. Except I'm beginning to think I should just cut my losses, withdraw all the money from that account that I can and then abandon it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page