South Africa Flag logo

South African Skeptics

December 13, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Go to mobile page.
News: Follow saskeptics on twitter.

Skeptic Forum Board Index   Help Forum Rules Search GoogleTagged Login Register Chat Blogroll  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic:

Downloading from YouTube?

(Read 2995 times)
brianvds

Skeptical ability: +12/-0

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »

I also notice that I now suddenly get messages from something called McAfee WebAdvisor, i.e. once again they installed software on my computer without asking or telling me.
Sorry to hear that - it would be a disqualifier for me too. Luckily my PC was spared the third party interference.

I haven't noticed the file size issue, as I normally download at max 720p, and find the duration of the video gives a good enough estimate of how long I'd sit twiddling thumbs. But ja, file size would conceivably be a handy additional feature. I might just suggest it as an improvement.

Rigil

Waiting for the file to download isn't the issue; running out of data is. I have a limit on how much data I can download per month. On the last day of the month I make a point to use all of it, and then I often download movies that can take hours to download. :-)

Which brings us to the other great web thing besides YouTube, namely Pirate Bay. But of course we are all too nice to ever use it... :-)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  
GoogleTagged: you page1 tube video

Jump to: