Visit to Hartbeeshoek Radio Astronomy Observatory

<< < (4/5) > >>

BoogieMonster (June 27, 2011, 16:57:25 PM):
I was the dude with the brownish/blondish long hair ...

sheesh... we admired your hair.... you're one of those guys that can pull it off.

Thanks, like I've said before, I get mixed reviews. ;)

It's actually a pity I assumed that not everyone there was from this forum, at SITP I often get a "what forum?" instead of "I'm X", so I've grown weary of asking the question. We have atheists/skeptics from all over that attend who are not from this forum. As such we didn't even get in a chat. :/ (I also assumed our guide/other guests may not be atheist and didn't broach that one either)

I suspected Faerie might be there, and might be the shortish glasses lady with kids, but Tweefo, I had no clue, and was a veritable astronomical information mine. So glad you came, as our guide didn't seem as prepared.

I think for the first time I've spent time with some atheist kids!

The SkepDec (June 27, 2011, 20:21:02 PM):
Hey guys, it was great to meet so many of the Gauteng-based skeptics on Saturday.
We had a great time, and Owen (the little guy) wants to know when he will see a black hole.

I think we should do these kinds of things more often, and we are in the process of arranging a partnership with the SciBono centre in Newtown.

Until next time,

Angela
Faerie (June 28, 2011, 08:08:55 AM):
It's actually a pity I assumed that not everyone there was from this forum,

I'd have made more effort as well if I knew that forum members were there.

I think for the first time I've spent time with some atheist kids!

Pretty much like other kids, just a tad more open-minded about "stuff" IMO!

We had a great time, and Owen (the little guy) wants to know when he will see a black hole.

I enjoyed the little bloke, he's bound to be the bane of many a teacher's life....

Who was the chap with the red beanie? We chatted a bit there, and for some odd reason I have a gut feel that we've met before?
benguela (June 28, 2011, 08:20:08 AM):
Who was the chap with the red beanie? We chatted a bit there, and for some odd reason I have a gut feel that we've met before?

That would be me and since you work at a bank and I'm teaching programmers who work at banks we probably walked past each other in the corridors.

Faerie (June 28, 2011, 08:39:24 AM):

That would be me and since you work at a bank and I'm teaching programmers who work at banks we probably walked past each other in the corridors.

Heh! Ja-right :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Skeptic Forum Board Index

Non-mobile version of page